2. Break down long-term goals into several small short-term goals. “I will save $2,400 this year” can become “I will save $46.15 each week.”
3. Find your why? Why do you want to achieve this goal? What will it mean to you? Are there any negatives about achieving the goal? Do some soul searching. The stronger “WHY” you have to achieve the goal, the motivated you will be to succeed.
4. Be clear about what you want. “I want to find a job” is way too vague. “I will obtain a job in the legal field that will help me to expand and grow” holds more punch.
5. Do not keep your goal a secret. By sharing it with people you trust, they will be able to encourage you to keep on going when things get tough.
6. Write your goal each day. Preferably, with pen and paper, though you can type it on your computer. This cements your goal into your subconscious and builds a strong belief that you can and will achieve it.
7. Read your goal aloud to yourself each day. Say it with conviction and feeling.
8. State affirmations daily. If you have a hard time believing your affirmation, use questions. Instead of affirming, “I feel confident that I will earn $100,000 a year.” Ask yourself “Why do I feel confident in my ability to earn $100,000 a year?”
9. Meditate every day. Meditation clears the mind and allows your imagination to be creative in giving you inspired action to take that will speed up your success. Meditation also helps you to stay focused and reduces stress.
10. Question yourself. When you begin to doubt yourself ask yourself what limiting belief has formed to create the doubt. Is this belief true? Who would you be without the belief? Are you willing to let go of it?
Get your Free SMART Goals Worksheet
11. Search out people that have achieved the goal you are working on. Learn what they did and pick out steps that make sense to you and incorporate them into action items.
12. Brainstorm ideas that can help you achieve your goals faster. Get out a sheet of paper and begin listing everything that you can think of that can help you achieve your goal. You could include items such as learning something new or interviewing people that have succeeded.
13. Visualize yourself achieving your goal. How do you feel? Where are you? Who is with you? What do you look like? What are you wearing? What do you see? What do you hear? Take a few minutes every morning and night – just before falling to sleep, really enjoy the feeling of success!
14. Let go of perfection. NO ONE is perfect – nope, not even you. Aiming for perfection creates success and keeps your talents and goals hidden. Know that things are not supposed to be perfect. Do the best you can and go on to the next step. Imperfection is what makes the world go round and keeps things new and exciting.
15. Be Flexible! Allow freedom for miracles to happen in your life. If your goal is to earn $100,000, do not be specific to every detail of how it will happen. Remember that there are millions of ways to achieve any goal and the way you are thinking, may not be the fastest, easiest or the most fun path to take.
16. Take Action! Regardless of how clear you are about your goal, or how much you visualize and affirm, ACTION is required to achieve any goal. Take some form of action every single day that propels you closer to your dream.
17. REWARD each and every success! This builds self-confidence and cements the belief that you will achieve everything you set your mind to.
18. Be persistent. Do not give up. See yourself blasting through challenges. The challenges you face builds your confidence and creates growth.
Get your Free SMART Goals Worksheet