Stress is something that everyone experiences at one time or another. It is one of the main factors in numerous health problems.
Learning to effectively deal with the stress in your life will make you happier and healthier.
7 Stress Relief Tips:
1. Vent – I’m not saying to yell and scream, but having a close friend, relative or a professional to talk to about the people and/or events that are stressing you out. Keeping everything inside can create health problems and may make the matter at hand worse.
2. Join a Support Group – Listening and sharing with others that have faced similar problems can be a tremendous help. You can find offline and online support groups for just about any situation; dealing with grief, teen-agers, babies, spouse, family, work etc.
3. Exercise – A great stress relief buster! Whether you choose to take a walk in the park, play tennis or hit they gym, your exercise of choice will help you to feel calmer and more relaxed.
4. Yoga – Yoga clears your mind and spirit through smooth stretches and symmetrical breathing techniques. We suggest you try Yoga for Stress Relief (With The Dalai Lama)
5. Music – Classical or instrumental music are my top choices for stress relief. Any music that will calms you will be fine. You may also choose to listen to ocean or nature sounds. You may choose to listen to high tech audio that utilizes your brainwaves that will melt the stress from your body – It really works! GET YOUR FREE CD NOW. from Centerpointe. I promise that you will be AMAZED at the results.
6. Eat Healthy – Eating regular healthy meals keeps your mind in tip top shape. Steer away from caffeine and sugar, they do nothing for you physically or mentally except drag you down.
7. Sleep – Go to bed around the same time each night. Most people need between seven to nine hours of sleep. When your deprived of sleep you walk around in a fog and may not make the best decisions. Sleep deprivation in of itself can create stress.
In todays fast paced world coping with stress can be challenging. By regularly practicing the stress relief tips listed you’ll reduce the stress in your life by being mentally and physically ready to face lifes daily obstacles.
Remember to take care of you! This should be your top priority. If you’re constantly being pulled in several directions to accommodate the needs of your loved ones you’ll burn out and won’t be much good to anyone.
You know the saying “Laughter is the best medicine.” Well it’s true, laughter releases tension, reduces stress and has even been known to help people cure themselves of all sorts of diseases.
Know that stress is inevitable – but it doesn’t have to be your constant companion. Do all that you can to avoid stress. If being around certain people create stress, then only associate with them only when absolutely necessary.
Don’t let stress get in the way of your life – Lifes too short. The stress relief tips listed are ways to get and keep a healthy state of mind.
Don’t let what others say or do make you feel less – Keep in mind one of my favorite quotes by Eleanor Roosevelt: “No One can make you feel inferior without your permission.”
Your life is up to you!