Actions Speak Louder than Words
There are a lot of “talkers” in the world. Some are more eloquent than others. Some people know a little about everything – and their words seem to back them up – but do their actions?
These people easily dish out their opinions on every subject – but rarely if ever take their own advice.
Who are you more willing to follow – the person that acts in the same manner they speak, or the one that doesn’t?
“Remember, people will judge you by your actions, not your intentions. You may have a heart of gold – but so does a hard-boiled egg.” Author Unknown
Back up your words with action. This will reinforce that you believe what you say.
Look at the following words – Which action backs up the words spoken?
“I’m sorry I was late”
* Continues to be late
* Starts arriving on time or even early
“I love you”
* Never makes time to spend with you
* Makes it a point to spend as much time as possible with you
“You are important to me”
* Ignores you when you speak
* Listens to you with interest
“You are my friend”
* Can’t help right now too busy
* Drops everything to help you in your time of need
* Snickers as they walk past you
* Pats you on the back
“This food tastes awful”
* Continues to eat
* Pushes the plate away
“I want to lose weight”
* Continues with the same eating and exercise (or lack of) behaviors
* Begins a diet and exercise plan
“That sounds like a great idea”
* Walks away and never gives the idea a second thought
* Thinks of a plan to make the idea a reality
“We’ll get together some time”
* Turns and walks away
* Sets a date and time to meet again
“I deserve a raise”
* Continues to complain to whomever will listen
* Tells the boss how valuable he/she is and asks for a raise
“Someone is being unfair to me”
* Continues to be hurt and sad
* Confronts the person
It’s true actions speak louder than words – simply because our actions should back up our beliefs and morals.
The Science of Self Confidence Training Kit teaches you how to build rock solid self confidence.
Often times we’ll say something, but don’t take action out of fear. Other times we just really don’t care about the situation and are just trying to be nice or appease someone.
It’s important to use words to show love, appreciation and approval – however those same words will take on MUCH more meaning when you follow through with actions.
How often have you told yourself “I won’t do it again” “I’ll do it right the next time” “I agree with you” …
Isnt’ it time you let your actions speak louder than words?