Simply put affirmations are your own desires and goals that you repeat to yourself.
The idea is that you are embedding these thoughts/ideas into your subconscious. Once embedded these thoughts become beliefs and you will be inspired to take the required action to make these beliefs become reality.
By repeating your affirmations several times daily you are activating the Law of Attraction and you will be able to see the abundance of opportunities around you.
One of the most important things to remember when creating your affirmations is to use the present tense – not the future tense. The future does not make you act now. Stating affirmations in the future tells your subconscious it’s ok to procrastinate. By stating your affirmation in the present tense, you’re telling your subconscious to ACT NOW to make the affirmation a reality.
Who should use affirmations?
Anyone who dares to dream. If you are labeled as a dreamer than affirmations are for you! For affirmations to work you’ll need to commit to take action.
Why do some affirmations fail?
If you are skeptical or a black and white thinker affirmations probably won’t work for you. Why? Because your inner voices tell you they will not work, so you will sabotage yourself without giving the affirmations a fair chance.
- Affirmation only serves to enforce what you do actually believe is possible. If you continuously repeat I am a millionaire and are working a minimum wage job struggling to pay your bills – Your subconscious is yelling at you each time you say you’re a millionaire …
“What are you talking about? Are you crazy? You barely have enough money for milk – how can you say you’re a millionaire?”
- Another reason that affirmations may fail is because you don’t really want what you are affirming. You might be saying “I am smoke free”, but in reality you do not want to give up the enjoyment you get from smoking.
- You are using affirmations half heatedly, saying them sometimes, but not making a habit of it – Or you’re affirmations are in someone else’s words. Words that you normally don’t speak.
- You are stating your affirmations in the future. Your mind only knows NOW. If you say tomorrow, you’re subconscious will consistently put off what it is you are trying to affirm. Your affirmations need to be personal and in the present.
How do you make affirmations your reality?
- They are your affirmations – Make them personal!
- State your affirmations in the present
- Repeat your affirmations to yourself daily – preferably out loud.
- Visualize your affirmations. See it, Feel it, hear it, taste it … Be there
- Avoid negative words such as “I will not”. Your subconscious does not recognize negative
- Use the words “I choose”. “I choose to weigh 120 pounds”. “I choose to eat healthy”. “I choose to double my income” “I choose to exercise daily”.
- Instead of saying “I am worthy” state “(your loved ones name) finds me worthy” this is a trick to get your mind to believe that you are worthy if you are currently unable to accept the “I am” at the present time.
Marie Diamond goes a step further by explaining not only how to create your affirmations – but tells you to write your affirmations on 3 X 5 cards and place them in specific locations in your home depending on your own personal Law of Attraction Number. Download your free copy of Marie Diamonds report “Personal Law of Attraction Number” and begin creating your ideal future today!