Breathing Techniques that Help Reduce Stress!
In today’s hectic world the pressures of everyday life weighs us down and gets us tense. The tenser we are – the more things weigh us down. It’s a vicious circle!
There is a SIMPLE remedy – Practice Focused Breathing Exercise. This will help relax your muscles and calm your mind.
Practicing focused breathing exercises can help you relax and relieve the tension you’ve built up during the day. Our everyday lives tend to weigh on use, causing us to be in a constant state of arousal, even if we have nothing to be excited about.
Stress can cause emotional problems including irritability, anger and depression.
Stress can also create physical ailments including headaches and stomachaches.
Relaxation breathing methods can relieve all these symptoms. As well as relax you prior to turning in for the night. This enables you to get a night full of quality sleep that leaves you feeling refreshed and rejuvenated in the morning.
Many techniques will suggest different positions including: the prone position (on your stomach), lying on your back, sitting cross legged, sitting on your feet with your knees facing forward, or standing.
4 Steps to Reduce Stress By Breathing
- Find a good comfortable position – In order to completely relax you need to be comfortable. It’s impossible to relax if your not. You may also choose to change positions through out your breathing exercises.
- Use a Proper Breathing Technique – This involves taking long deep fuller breaths. This type of breathing changes the percentage of carbon dioxide in our systems, putting us in a more relaxed state.
- Focus on Your Breathing – Your mind can not occupy two thoughts at the same time. By focusing on your breathing you’re not allowing the hassles of everyday life to interfere with relaxing. If your mind does wander – just bring your attention back to relaxing and breathing
- Visualize – While breathing picture each muscle in your body and focus on it feeling relaxed Once that part of your body is relaxed, you can move on to another part. You may also choose to focus on the stress physically pouring out of your body through your fingers and toes
Proper Breathing Technique:
- Breathe in deeply through your nose
- Pull Stomach out as you take a long deep breath
- Exhale through your mouth
- Pull stomach in as you exhale
- Shoulders stay relaxed – if they are moving your breathingis too shallow
- Allow 5 to 6 seconds for each inhale and the same for each exhale
- Focus on technique rather than pace
You may also find it helpful to practice visualization exercises while you’re breathing deeply. Picture. Whatever method you use, deep breathing is a great way to get to sleep or simply unwind at the end of a long day.
A common yoga technique is to tighten your throat when you exhale so it sounds as if you’re whispering.
Yoga is a GREAT way to reduce stress and relax. If you are looking for Yoga CDs and or accessories – Get High Quality Yoga Accessories at Unbeatable Prices