- I’d start my business
- Get married
- Find my dream job
- Move to another city
- Buy a house
- Ask so and so on a date
- Ask for a promotion
- etc etc …..
Many people think they need complete confidence right now to accomplish their dreams. This is what stops them dead in their tracks. This one belief is the reason they will never achieve their dreams.
Building Confidence begins when you take the first baby step.
Have you ever watched a baby as they learn to walk?
My 9 month old grandson just took his first step the other day. He will be holding on to something, and see something he wants a few feet away, begin walking towards and then he just stops. He looks confused and bewildered as he turns around and notices he can’t grab a hold of the object he just let go of. Usually he’ll just sit on the floor and then crawl to his destination.
Babies never give up. They see “big people” walking around and they instinctively know that they can walk too. They may fall down hundreds of times, but each time they get up. And it seems that each time they get up and decide to walk again they inevitably take a few more steps than they did the last time.
I know this is just the beginning for him. Within a month or two he’ll have the confidence he needs to be walking everywhere and exploring his new found freedom.
My grandson does not have complete confidence in walking – yet. His confidence will grow with each and every step he takes.
When you begin taking the necessary steps towards your goal – you too, will look back and say … WOW, how did I get here?
How do you take baby steps?
Building confidence to land your dream job:
1. The first step would be to find out everything you can about the job. What knowledge and education is required to land the job?
2. Then you could sign up for a course that will give you some of the education you need.
3. You could even start applying for entry level jobs in the same industry.
Building confidence to move to another city:
1. The first step will be to research the city. You’ll want to know the best areas in town, the crime rate, the medical facilities, the job market, the schools etc.
2. Then you could contact a rental agency or a Realtor and ask them to send you information regarding relocation
3. If you own your own home, you can contact a Realtor in your area to give you a free assessment on your home. How much can you sell it for? How much could you rent it for? What fees will you be responsible to pay?
4. Next you could visit the city you want to move to, to acquaint yourself with it. Drive around the neighborhoods. Find out where the locals go. What type of shopping is available?
5. Then you might want to check out how much it would cost to move; truck rentals, packing supplies, moving companies.
6. Next you should ask yourself the following questions: What would you take with you? What could you sell at a yard sale? What would you need to buy once you move to the new city?
As you can see in both examples the FIRST STEP is to research your goal. The more you research; the next steps will logically fall into place in your mind.
As you complete each step, your confidence grows. You begin to believe that you actually can have your dream job. The more you believe the more steps you will take which will lead you to your job.
What is it that you’ve been missing out on because you’re waiting for complete confidence?
Begin building confidence today by taking your first baby step. Sign Up for 6 Weeks to Unstoppable Confidence.