Self-talk is an internal voice (our thoughts) that determine how we perceive any given situation or event.
Self-Talk can be Empowering or Dis empowering.
It can raise or lower your self-esteem.
Most of our self-talk is mumbo-jumbo that really doesn’t matter a whole lot like the statements below:
- “I have to hurry up and clean the house before so and so gets here.”
- “It’s been a long day, I can’t wait to get home and relax.”
- “I can’t wait till this week-end”
- That sounds like a great idea; I think I’ll try it.”
- “I must remember to ….”
We are constantly talking to ourselves ….
When we continually repeat the same things over and over, our subconscious takes it as fact and therefore does everything to prove it.
This is where negative self talk can destroy your self-esteem. Negative self-talk is very destructive. It often leads to a low self0esteem and deep psychological wounds. Physical problems such as stomachaches, headaches, lack of energy can also occur.
Often times, we will constantly ask ourselves negative questions – And when we do our subconscious gets to work to find the answers to these questions.
Have you ever berated yourself by asking the following Dis-empowering Questions?
- “Why am I so stupid?”
- “Why am I a loser?”
- “Why doesn’t anyone love me?”
- “Why am I so ugly?”
- “Why am I unworthy?”
- “Why can’t I do this?”
- “Why am I a failure?”
- “Why do I have such a bad temper?”
- “Why am I so weak?”
- “Why am I so afraid?”
- “Why don’t good things happen to me?”
- “How come no one finds me attractive?”
- “How come nothing goes my way?”
- “How come nobody likes me?”
- “How come I always have major problems?”
Do you really want your subconscious to find proof that the above questions are true?>
Do you really want the answers to those questions?
Yet, each time you make a statement or ask yourself something in the negative that exactly what you are requesting.
When you find yourself asking these dis-empowering questions …
STOP and ask yourself the following Empowering Questions:
- “Why am I so smart?”
- “Why am I a winner?”
- “Why do people love me and enjoy being around me?”
- “Why am I beautiful?”
- “Why am I worthy?”
- “How can I accomplish this?”
- “Why am I a successful person?”
- “Why is it easy for me to stay calm?”
- “Why am I so strong?”
- “Why am I so courageous?”
- “How come good things always happen to me?”
- “Why do so many people find me fun and attractive?”
- “Why do things always go my way?”
- “Why do I have so many friends?”
- “Why does everything come easily to me?”
Think about it .. .
Negative dis-empowering questions and statements will give you negative answers and a low self-esteem.
Positive statements and empowering questions will give you positive answers raise your self-esteem and help you to live a happier fuller life!
Which do you choose?