Cultivating balance and harmony among all the aspects of your life can bring you true happiness. It can be difficult at times to keep everything in order, but when you do, the harmony you create makes an amazing difference.
The trick is to spread your focus fairly equally among the different areas of your life. This just means that, while your work life might be stressful, you can’t ignore your relationships, spirituality, or other things that are also important to you.
The situation can be likened to beautiful music performed by a skilled orchestra. Every instrument performs in perfect harmony with the others. Sometimes one instrument will come forward into the spotlight, while the other instruments pause or continue playing quietly, fulfilling their part of the total beauty.
Try the following techniques to bring the beauty of balance and harmony to your life:
1. Avoid total focus on only one issue. If you spend all of your energy on one aspect of your life, the others fall by the wayside. If you must spend a great deal of time on one area temporarily, make an extra effort to include other important things as much as possible.
* For example, if you must stay late at work, call home to talk with your spouse on one of your breaks. After work, use your free time wisely to concentrate on other areas of your life.
2. Reflect on your goals and dreams. Take time to consider your goals and dreams. Come up with a plan to follow through and start taking action toward them. Even if you feel that you aren’t in the position to take great action, some action is better than nothing.
3. Eliminate stress. Stress arises in your life as a sign that things aren’t in balance. It’s a natural indicator that tells you it’s time to take action. If you ignore it, the situation only gets worse.
* When you determine the root cause of the stress and reduce it as much as possible, you’ll find that things naturally tend to move back towards harmony.
4. Get proper rest. An important part of finding balance and harmony is getting enough sleep. If you feel the need to continually squeeze in one more thing and deprive yourself of sleep because of it, set a bedtime and follow it religiously.
5. Explore spirituality. Another way to find balance and harmony is to explore your spiritual side. Many religions specifically address the issue of finding balance in your life.
6. Take up yoga. Yoga is a practice that goes beyond some simple stretches in order to keep fit. It’s an ancient art that addresses your mind, body and spirit. It’s a great way to get your whole day into balance, and you’ll no doubt leave your yoga session refreshed and relaxed.
When your life is in harmony, everything seems to be easier. You’re less stressed, more energized, and you have the time to enjoy the things that are most important to you. Take action to bring this balance into your life and enjoy all it has to offer you.