Confidence is the key to achieving your dreams and creating the life that you want to live.
People who lack confidence stay “stuck” in their comfort zone. It’s almost as if they are frozen in fear …
- Afraid to be who they really are
- Afraid to take risks
- Afraid to fail
- Afraid to succeed
- Afraid to take action
- Afraid of change
- Afraid of struggles
FEAR is False Evidence Appearing Real. You may be wondering what this means to you. It means that you create your own fear by your thoughts. You have imagined scenarios or events that have never actually occurred. You have become a prisoner of your own mind – frozen in fear. You believe it’s safer to stay in your “comfort zone” then it is to climb out of it and begin living the life you claim you really want.
The first step to obtaining unstoppable confidence is to look fear straight in the face and decide to take action regardless of how you feel. You realize that fear is a necessary struggle that allows you to emerge into the beautiful gifted person that you are.
Why are struggles necessary?
Think of the metamorphosis of a caterpillar to a butterfly. The caterpillar is short, stubby and has no wings. The next stage of life is the chrysalis. During this stage remarkable transformation occurs. Then the butterfly begins its struggle to emerge. If she emerges too soon, she will not be able to fly. Allowed to struggle through the transformation – she becomes a beautiful butterfly that can spread her wings – A New Beginning in her life.
What is Unstoppable Confidence
- It’s listening to your inner voice and trusting in it’s guidance, even if it may not make sense to you at the time.
- It’s knowing and trusting that everything will work out in your best interest, regardless how dark the day may be.
- It’s the ability to take the required action necessary to reach your goals – regardless of the fear you may be feeling.
- It’s accepting failures, knowing that each time you fail, you are one step closer to achieving your goal. You know that even though you will fail that you are not a failure.
- It’s believing you will achieve your desired outcome without being attached to the “how”.
- It’s being comfortable with saying “no”. You understand that every time you say “no” to one thing, you are in essence saying “yes” to something else.
- It’s understanding and knowing that you are an individual with unique gifts and experiences that are al your own. You know that no one else can be you – no one can replace you. It’s because of this knowing, that you don’t feel a need to compete with others.
3 Techniques to building Unstoppable Confidence
- Visualizing – Use your imagination to walk through the doors of the unknown. Look around, What do you see? What do you hear? What do you feel? Dare to dream big and remember the quote by Napoleon Hill “What the mind can believe, it can achieve”.Your subconscious does not realize the difference between “real” or “make-believe”. The more you “make-believe” the harder your subconscious will work to make it your reality.
- Awareness – Be aware of your thoughts. What self-limiting beliefs are you holding onto that is making you lack the confidence you need to achieve your goals? Ask yourself if these beliefs are really true? Why or why not? Who would you be if you “let go” if this belief?
- Affirmations – Reprogram your subconscious with thoughts by using affirmations such as “I am confident”. If you say this and your inner voice is screaming at you that you are a big liar … then try a softer approach “Why am I confident?” Your mind will not argue with a question – instead it will try to figure out a way to answer the question. By asking yourself, “Why am I confident”, several times a day for at least 30 days, you will begin to feel more confident.